Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Joy is the best revenge!




I meet a lot of inspirational people in my everyday, and I learn lessons all the time, often out of the blue. More often than not, those lessons are very close to home.
My  beautiful daughter in law is battling a particularly nasty cancer, she is only a young woman, and she has already undergone some radical and unpleasant treatments as she tries in the second year to beat the odds which had her and my son told that she very likely only had one year at best. 
There are many things that have inspired me about them both, especially her incredible bravery and his unswerving devotion. 
But what I am thinking about at the moment is their daily mantra!
What my son said to me when it seemed they had few choices was 
“O.K. then so we will Wring the Fuck out of life!”
And that is exactly what they are doing! they have travelled to America three times this year, been to lots of concerts, have picnics, go to the rugby at Twickenham, the cricket at the Oval, have tea on the beach, see all of their many friends as often as they can, and laugh a LOT. 
Made me think what a shame if we need to wait for  a lousy prognosis before we learn to “Wring the Fuck  out of life!” 
As atheists, with absolutely no belief in any afterlife, so knowing that THIS IS IT! -
Why the hell do we behave as if there is all the time in the World! 
Why do we spend endless hours doing stuff we don’t want to do, being with people we don’t want to be with?
As a survivor why would I still spend years being manipulated by the puppeteers in the vatican as they play their PR games with our vulnerabilities?
Why would I want to be “ in dialogue” with them or “exploring the issues” with them? wasting my precious and limited time!
As my survivor friend Andy said to me recently “JOY is the best revenge!”
I have survived the worst betrayal of body and trust, and am here  certainly with no thanks to them, and so despite them - and to spite them , I choose to turn my back on them completely and get on with the job of 

Wringing  the Fuck out of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment