Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Saturday 16 May 2015

I LOVE NEW YORK!


Just back from New York!!
As always I am amazed by the wonderful people there are in the world!
What a great trip, I was so warmly welcomed by the groups I was speaking too, The NY.Atheists and the NY Humanists, Secularists and Freethinkers. By all of the  warm and funny, kind and  compassionate people who attended and also those who I had other meetings with.
We are taking our workshop
"Winning the Battle of the Abused Brain"  "to New York in early September! We are so excited!
We now have the most fabulous venue at "Thoughtworks" on Madison Avenue, and the brilliant support of that particular group too : thoughtworks.com/new-york
Great always to meet up  with old and good friends, Helen McGonigle and Mary Ward Caplan (Thanks for the lovely  time at Cafe Bleu!) and Pam Spees from CRC (thanks for introducing me to the Oyster bar under Grand Central station!) as well as your unswerving support!
The wonderful anthropologist Dr.David Orenstein, my very dear friend (read his blog: www.paleolibrarian.info) with his indefatigable support, love optimism and care, and his colleague psychotherapist Linda Blaickie who have included me in their book "Godless Grace" out in September!
Great to meet Dr. Jay Kantor, who interviewed me and connected with me so beautifully, and  has already helped our cause, and will be a wonderful friend and fellow traveller.
Delighted also to meet Gloria Rosen, the talented actress and author and hear of her show "Listen can you hear me now!" Another firm bond created.
As usual I am overwhelmed and struck by how many inspiring people I rub shoulders with and am energised by. I haven't named you all but  You ALL give me wings!!!!
I have always loved New York, fond memories of working there and learning there.
Now I can say I love it even more!!!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for your presentation at NYC Atheists Sunday Brunch! Please DO come back and see us again!

    Dennis

    P.S. FYI, the nickname "XaurreauX" is a handle I've used for years. Too involved to go into now. Chemical enhancements were involved. I know. You're shocked. ;^]

    ReplyDelete