Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Monday 22 December 2014

Eggs are running out!





Well the panel appointed by Theresa May in her "over arching" enquiry into historic sexual abuse has been abandoned! In favour, she says(wiping the egg off her face) of a statutory or Royal commission "type" of enquiry.
I have only one word for that --GOOD!
I strongly suspect that she is now clear that she hasn't a clue what she is dealing with, nor has she a clue who to entrust such a task to, and has also been told by innumerable disgruntled survivors that her panel was wrong and absolutely unfit for purpose. 
She was, and is quite out of her depth.
I do suggest she reads our page Be careful in the World of survivors!
http://survivorsvoice-europe.org/?p=6491
Of course it was never going to get anywhere, and I think it has imploded just as I thought about on time!
I am not going to waste too much time talking about it, nor will I let it encroach too much on this holiday time, it simply is NOT worth it!These committees, panels, groups etc. achieve very little.
I will however say one thing!
The only way they will ever get to the bottom of anything is to appoint an independant secular body. Professional and highly qualified judiciary who have NO affiliation to any of the organisations investigated. (I would even say that leaves Theresa May out - being a devout Anglican!)
That also means NO survivors! They should not be on that panel.They cannot be unbiased.
Survivors should all, INDIVIDUALLY be called upon to give evidence if they choose to, but  that should be handled with the utmost sensitivity and respect.
These people  should not be singling out  survivor "charities" who say they represent  people- they don't.
It is a big job, and could take years, but so it bloody well should! We can no longer accept platitudes or short cuts, or creations of jobs for the boys.
The bleating about "valuable work now wasted" is nonsense.Work that is meaningless SHOULD be abandoned and quickly, and then  there is an opportunity to do it properly.
Will they? I don't know. Not sure if I care.
What I do know is despite the government , the church, the parasitic organisations, we will continue supporting and empowering those wonderful people who have survived these monsters, and mourn the many  who did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment