Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Sunday 19 April 2015

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!


I have just been "half" listening to a group of potential voters talking about whether they would "take their faith" into the ballot box when they vote next month in our general election. 
A lot of them said they would have  to, because theirs is such a core belief  that they cannot separate their faith from their politics. 
Scary prospect to be unable to separate those two unlikely bedfellows!
So I thought about who I will vote for. 
For me it is crucial that church and state are indeed well and truly separated!
I cannot in all conscience vote for anyone who lives their life according to an ancient mythical book, written by middle eastern peasants with an axe to grind.
I do not want at the head of my government someone who believes in angels and devils, and prays to an imaginary friend for help in affairs of state! 
I cannot bear the thought of someone running the country in these precarious times who thinks that my  precious life is only a proving ground for the next.
It is a horrifying thought to have someone who continues to allow the children of our country to be indoctrinated and exploited by religious schools.
A Government who is too afraid to offend ,follows blindly is  weak and lazy. 
I cringe at the knowledge that in our government, they have created a "Minister of faith"! (and what a prat HE is!)
I would be sickened  to continue with a Prime Minister  who actually sent a delegation party to the vatican for "advice"!!!
Of course, I will give it all my careful thought and I will  not  waste that preciously hard won  vote on people who are afraid to think critically or who consider that religions should have ANY privileges! 
 I have to try and believe there are reasonable intelligent unbiased  politicians out there, so will they please start shouting about it so I have a bit of a chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment