Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Sunday 14 September 2014

Count me OUT!


Listening to the various catholic apologists spout the statistics of catholics there are in the world again made me think!
I remember Salvatore and one or two other survivors saying they were going to "disavow" their baptism, and at the time didn't really understand the need to do that. I thought that because I categorically do NOT consider myself catholic that I was not! It seems however that regardless of my thoughts or beliefs the catholics still count me IN!! 
Bloody Hell!
I am not entirely surprised, they have , after all, always been about numbers and sod all to do with human beings. My mother always used to brag that various people she knew  "getting  pulled in at the back door" by being prayed for by a catholic priest on their deathbed - even if they were unconscious!
Their  statistics and numbers are meaningless.But it bothers me that I am on that list!
It is not like a trade list of inanimate objects, this is a list of human beings!
So I decided that it IS the right thing to do to be ex-communicated, and put at least my record straight. If you feel as strongly as I do, I really do reccomend you do the same.
For me this is a definitive step for the rejection of the church, unless I do this I will still be counted as a catholic, and I will still be allowing the inclusion of my name to  contribute to that erroneous perception of the church's numbers and stature. 
So what do you have to do?
Well they don't make it easy for you! In their utter arrogance they seem to think that you will change your mind,  especially since they have pushed the fear of hell fire and damnation down your throat since you were small. I guess they feel when it comes to it your fear of death will pull you "back in"! (through  the back door no doubt!)
Even more arrogantly they think you are incapable of making your own mind up!
The answers given:
THEM : " Well First of all, you should write to YOUR Bishop -YOUR parish priest can't help"
ME: "I don't have a bishop or a parish priest I am NOT a catholic!"
THEM : "You MUST  have a Bishop" 
ME: "What part of "I don't have anything at all to do with your church" do you not understand?"
THEM : (sniffily) "Well you must write to the Bishop of the diocese you live in, he can start the process"
So you write to the bishop, who ignores your letter, and then you write a second time, this time registered mail, and finally you get a reply.
From the church's perspective it is impossible to "un-baptise" someone because they believe that baptism permanently seals the person to christ and the church.

 THEM ; "If you are  asking  to be "ex-communicated"  this is very serious and should not be taken lightly.  But because  you are asking at all reveals the fact that you still  respect the church's authority, otherwise you wouldn't ask, we find that very reassuring , there is therefore some room for reconcilliation" "
What utter bloody arrogance!

ME:  "I am asking to be taken off whatever register you have because I have NO respect for you whatsoever and you are using me , and those like me to misrepresent your numbers!"

THEM:  "I suspect that it may  be that you have difficulty with some of the church's teachings, you should think carefully about what they are, and see if you can't see how they are in place for your own good"

ME:" Suspect away, but I can assure you  I don't have ANY difficulty at all in any of the church's teachings, I reject ALL Of them" 

THEM:  "Well you should think very carefully about this decision, we are concerned for your soul" 

ME: " I do not have a "soul,"  nor are you the custodians of  my mythical wellbeing"

THEM:   "Your parents claimed you for Christ when they baptised you because they wanted you to be part of God's church"

NO!!! 

ME: "My non religious "parents" (or at least the one who gave birth to me -  the other unknown) sold me to a childless fanatic catholic couple for adoption into their appalling church. I had NO say in it, made NO choices, made NO vows, and I hate everything about it"
I did not even go on to  talk about being brought up in absolute terror, being raped by one of their "men of god" as a child, or any of the other damage their indoctrination caused.
THEM: "You could be making a grave mistake. you need to give this careful reflection and  I will pray for you"
ME : "No Thankyou"  theres just one thing I want from you


GET ME THE FUCK OFF THAT LIST !!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment