Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Sunday 2 February 2014

The Clock is ticking!






       I don't do I don't do "slushy" or maudlin, I am not good at over sentimental, I don't do mystical, "inner child" or "angels"  or "Me  time". I am afraid I cringe at "Everything happens for a   reason" and  "There must be someone watching over me" just makes me nauseous!  It is just not who I am! 
Don't get me wrong, I am happy that others find comfort in these concepts, each to his own - as they say.
 But NOT for me thankyou very much! 
There are few sayings however that filter through my cynical shell and give ME inspiration. I like the ones that make me think, the ones that foster gratitude, or the ones that make me laugh! I like the ones that I can use, the ones that will make a difference to how I act, the ones that don't make me want to throw up!
This is one that I ponder on from time to time.

 Thoughts on Time

Imagine there is a bank, which every morning credits your account with £100,000.
It carries over no balance from day to day.
Every evening it deletes whatever part of the balance that you have failed to use during the day.
What would you do?

Draw out every penny of course!

Each of us has such a bank, it’s name is TIME.
Every morning it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
Every night it writes off as a loss whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries no balance,
It allows no overdraft.
Each day it opens a new account for you
Each night it burns the remains of the day.
If you fail to use today’s deposit, the loss is YOURS
There is no going back.
There’s no drawing against tomorrow.
You must live in the present on TODAY’S deposit.
Invest it to get the most from it.
The utmost in Health, Happiness, and Success.
The clock is running…..

I am told that even a long life consists of about 450,000 hours. It feels to me a lot different from "life is short" or "you are long time dead" and all of those other cliches. 450,000 hours! Seems a lot more real.
 If I consider that I have  already had an awful lot of my allotted hours, in fact that wretched church that we are all so damaged by has stolen probably at least 350,000 hours from me , and considering I will probably sleep for about a third of what are left, that leaves me with not that many hours hours to make a difference! (Maths isn't really my strong point!)
That is why I don't spend too much time being slushy,or navel gazing. Nor do I  want to spend too much time fighting a narcissistic church that doesn't give a shit, (although I  have to admit I get a  great deal of pleasure seeing them squirm!) I would far rather spend those hours with like minded people, in  helping my fellow survivors to become empowered, in  seeing  my fellow addicts get recovery , and my family and friends , all the people I love flourishing.
I would like to spend the rest of it being HAPPY!
Hows that for slushy!

No comments:

Post a Comment