Sue Cox

Sue Cox

Tuesday 26 November 2013

It all makes Work!

I have been moaning about having to go into hospital, and freaking everyone out, so I think I should clarify!
I have to have an operation to open up my air passages because I don't breathe too well. It seems I also stop breathing entirely in the night which is not generally considered to be a good idea!
problem is, I just had an asthma attack and a chest infection, had lots of steroids which in turn have upset my Reflux condition, and so now I have a sore throat, burning chest and a bloody awful bland diet to stop it happening in theatre!
Because I also  have Bronchiectasis, I  have to have "postural drainage" and percussion treatment (Thank goodness Gez is such a good drummer, he can practice his paradiddles while bashing my lungs!) But that of course, upsets the reflux even further! So the operation has been postponed till next Tuesday. I am on enough pills to make me rattle! 
So it isn't so much a danger, more a balancing act !
At the risk of sounding a bit like an evangelical christian who might say "jesus had a balancing act too"!! -- I  can't help seeing the similarities with the abuse issues, this domino effect when one thing goes wrong, has so many implications, and can cause a million knock on outcomes. Which is why I always like to go back to the causes and not just concentrate on the effects.
On a lighter note, I am put in mind of the lovely Flanders and Swann song "The gas man cometh" far before the time of anyone here! But it just goes to show how it all makes work for the working man to do!
Thankyou for all your good thoughts, I wish you were all coming with me! 
http://youtu.be/zyeMFSzPgGc

No comments:

Post a Comment